This page provides a list of organizations that provide counseling and other mental health support. Some organizations may specialize in serving people of certain identities. 

Campus resources

  • UC Berkeley Social Services within University Health Services (UHS) [Confidential]: 
    • Social Services provides confidential individual counseling, group counseling, and consultation to students.
    • For after-hours emergency consultation with a counselor or crisis resource referrals, students may call 855-817-5667.

    • Phone: 510-642-6074

    • Satellite Office at University Village (UVA) phone: 510-520-7031
  • UC Berkeley Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) [Confidential]
    • UHS Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) supports the emotional, psychological, educational, social and cultural development of all UC Berkeley students through a wide range of multiculturally based counseling, psychiatric, career, consultation, training and educational services.
    • Phone: (510) 642-9494
    • Counseling after-hours support line: (855) 817-5667
  • UC Berkeley Be Well at Work Employee Assistance [Confidential]

    • Provides free, confidential assessment, referral, and consultation services for UC Berkeley faculty, staff, visiting scholars, and postdoctoral appointees.
    • Phone: (510) 643-7754

    • Email:

Local and national mental health resources

The following resources may provide counseling and other mental health support services. Please contact the organization directly to get more information. Some organizations may specialize in serving people of certain identities.

Please note that lists resources for the purpose of helping people who have been impacted by SVSH know their options for resources. The listing of any resource not affiliated with the University of California on this website does not constitute an endorsement of any resource by the UC. The University of California is not responsible for the services of an external resource.

Quick Links