Reporting & Complaint Processes

Someone who has experienced harm from sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating or domestic violence, stalking, and/or invasion of privacy (SVSH) has the right to report it to UC Berkeley, to the police, or to both, as well as the right not to make a report. These are separate options, each with a different process and different potential outcomes.

Reporting is an intensely personal decision. UC Berkeley respects the right of a survivor to decide whether or not to report to anyone. Survivors are encouraged to consult a confidential resource, such as the PATH to Care Center, about reporting options and processes. Confidential support services are available to anyone who has experienced harm, whether or not they choose to report. For information about reporting options, visit the Reporting Options page. 

When someone chooses to make a report to the University about harm related to sexual violence and sexual harassment (SVSH), that report may result in a hearing. For information about SVSH hearings, visit the SVSH Hearings page. The SVSH Hearings pages provide information relevant for all parties in an SVSH hearing.

Please contact the Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination directly for questions about reporting and administrative complaint processes, or to make a report:

The Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD)


Phone: (510) 643-7985 (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm)


*New* You may also make a report online to OPHD through their reporting webform.

Quick Links