Legal services

This page provides a list of organizations that provide legal services. Some organizations may specialize in serving people of certain identities. 

Campus resources

  • UC Berkeley Student Legal Services (Campus)
    • UC Berkeley Student Legal Services advises currently registered UC Berkeley students regarding their legal questions, rights, and obligations.
    • Phone:  510-664-7487

Local resources

  • Family Violence Law Center (FVLC)
    • The Family Violence Law Center provides survivors of sexual violence and domestic and dating violence with legal and crisis intervention services.
    • For 24/7 crisis support, call 1-800-947-8301.
  • California Courts Restraining Order Self-Help Website
    • This website provides information about restraining orders, abuse and harassment cases, and how to get help.
  • Bay Area Legal Aid (Off-Campus) 
    • Bay Area Legal Aid provides legal assistance to low-income residents of the Bay Area, including immigrant survivors of domestic violence and assault, such as temporary restraining orders, VAWA and U Visa petitions, and income security and CalFresh assistance.
    • Legal Advice Phone: 800-551-5554

    • Office Phone: 510-663-4755 

    • Dial 7-1-1 or from TTY dial 1-800-735-2929 or visit California Relay Service for more information.

  • Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach (specializes in supporting Asian and Pacific Islander individuals)
    • Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach provides culturally competent and linguistically appropriate legal, social, and educational services to those with extraordinary needs. 

Please note that lists resources for the purpose of helping people who have been impacted by SVSH know their options for resources. The listing of any resource not affiliated with the University of California on this website does not constitute an endorsement of any resource by the UC. The University of California is not responsible for the services of an external resource.

Quick Links