Support for Survivors of Sex Workers
This page has a list of resources that offer support resources for people engaged in sex work who have experienced sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, stalking, or sexual exploitation.
A confidential survivor support agency or hotline, such as the campus PATH to Care Center can also help you get connected to support. For urgent 24/7 confidential support, call the Care Line at 510-643-2005.
- Sex Workers Outreach (Off-Campus Community Resource)
- A national social justice network dedicated to the fundamental human rights of people involved in the sex trade and their communities, focusing on ending violence and stigma through education and advocacy. SWOP also operates a community support line, a volunteer-staffed warmline where current and former sex workers, as well as activists and others seeking peer support can access direct support.
- Community Support Line: (877)-776-2004
- Pineapple Support (Off-Campus Community Resource)
- Free support and therapy service, including sexual trauma support, for all persons working in the online adult industry – no matter their gender, ethnic origin, social status, age or sexual orientation. Therapists are sex-worker friendly and kink-aware. Pineapple Support Society can assist with raising funds to help with the costs of professional coaching, counselling and therapy for those who need it.
- St. James Infirmary (Off-Campus Community Resource)
- Peer-based occupational health and safety clinic for sex workers of all genders. Services include primary care; peer counseling and psychotherapy; HIV and STI counseling and testing, and more.
Please note that svsh.berkeley.edu lists resources for the purpose of helping people who have been impacted by SVSH know their options for resources. The listing of any resource not affiliated with the University of California on this website does not constitute an endorsement of any resource by the UC. The University of California is not responsible for the services of an external resource.